08 September 2013

Gratitude, Part 3 (Week of Aug. 31, 2013)



  1. CF bulb stopped light in utility room from flickering
  2. Warm blankets at night
  3. BBQ with pastor and members of a church in town
  4. "I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.  I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him." - Ecclesiastes 3:12-14
  5. A table for meals
  6. Discussing colors for paint of rooms in our new house.
  7. Settling on primary color for the living room
  8. Settling on primary color for our bedroom
  9. Ease of installing new shower head
  10. Ease of uninstalling new shower head after it didn't work as we had hoped
  11. Ease of re-installing old shower head
  12. Meeting another neighbor (Norma)
  13. A wife who encourages me to seek God, follow him more fully, and accept his grace
  14. Found a USB flash drive that I didn't realize I had lost
  15. Farmers Market corn on the cob for lunch
  16. Bike Rack near my office
  17. My wife created a clever and effect way to dispatch some unwelcome ants from my office.
  18. God gave me the creativity to develop four projects for a class in less than a day
  19. The cookies in the Faculty Lounge are good
  20. The cookies in the Faculty Lounge are only 25¢
  21. Meeting other faculty members in the Faculty Lounge
  22. The opportunity to hear my U.S. Senator speak and interact with some of his constituents at a Town Hall meeting on campus
  23. IJM Chennai: Eight-Year Trial Ends with Justice, Sex Trafficking Survivors Moving Forward http://www.ijm.org/news/ijm-chennai-eight-year-trial-ends-justice-sex-trafficking-survivors-moving-forward
  24. Autumn Nights in downtown Rapid City with my wife, complete with gyros, ribs and funnel cake (Aug. 6, 2013).
  25. Meeting new neighbors (Calvin & Melissa, Ben)
  26. Finished proofreading LBNE proposal
  27. Gave my first partial lecture as a professor!
  28. Met the other Prof. Corwin at SDSM&T
  29. New desk in my office
  30. My wife bought our first paint for the new house today (Sep. 6, 2013)
  31. Encountered a prayer walk as it was passing the EE/Physics building (Sep. 5, 2013)
  32. "The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." -Philipians 4:5-6
  33. Arrival of new shop vac.

(Total: 103)


No comments: