02 September 2013

Gratitude, Part 2 (Week of Aug. 24, 2013)

  1. Able to sleep in on Sunday after the neighbor's dogs kept us up with their barking.
  2. I have the physical ability to ride by bicycle to work
  3. Our new home's proximity to my work and downtown
  4. I have a safe route on which I can bike to work
  5. Better understanding of two problems that were hindering my work with my new laptop
  6. My new work laptop
  7. Working around the dogs barking and being able to sleep through the night (Aug. 25-26, 2013)
  8. Key to the mailroom and microwave room
  9. LaTeX is now working on my work laptop
  10. SSH to Fermilab (kerberos) is now working on my work laptop
  11. I have he opportunity to view videos on Why Particle Physics Matters by others who were selected instead of me to be in the contest, and I can learn from them how to be abetter presenter myself.
  12. First band rehearsal of the semester.  I played better than I expected considering I haven't touched a tuba in almost five years
  13. Getting to know fellow tuba players in the band (Dallas, Justin, and Jason)
  14. Being able to play in the same band as my bride again.
  15. Biking home from rehearsal together
  16. We saw two cats on the way home (one siamese kitten and one adult orange tabby)
  17. Friendly technician from Information & Technology Services
  18. I can now print from my work laptop.
  19. I can now access the SDSM&T shared drives from my work laptop.
  20. Finally got LBNE DOE proposal narrative to save.
  21. Neighbors took barking dogs in last night (Aug. 26-27, 2013).
  22. My wife wrote a beautiful thank you note to the neighbors
  23. Alarm failure resulted in nice morning conversation
  24. Alarm failure did not result in being late for anything
  25. E-mail from first prospective Ph.D. advisee
  26. "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
    for his steadfast love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods,
    for his steadfast love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
    for his steadfast love endures forever;
to him who alone does great wonders,
    for his steadfast love endures forever;
to him who by understanding made the heavens,
    for his steadfast love endures forever;" - Psalm 136:1-5

  27. Meeting with first prospective Ph.D. advisee
  28. Short phone meeting this morning (Aug. 29)
  29. Multiple responses on my request to NOvA for PHYS 733 projects
  30. Alarm worked this morning
  31. Learned the name of one of the janitors who cleans the EE/Physics building (Alan)
  32. Energy saving motion sensor in my office
  33. Shelter from the rain and hail
  34. Cover for my bike
  35. Extra time for working on proposals today
  36. My wife's discovery of another Asian supermarket
  37. My wife's discovery of a Steelers Bar in Rapid City

(Total: 70)


No comments: