30 October 2007

Autostitch

James, a friend and colleague of mine introduced me to a program called Autostitch. As the name suggests, it automatically blends several overlapping photographs into one seamless panorama. Many times, I have tried to manually arrange digital pictures into such a panorama, but I did not have the technology to properly blend them. Now I do. Below are a few examples of panoramas I made manually followed by the equivalent from Autostitch.

Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Manual

Autostitch
Alum Creek Reservoir
Manual

Autostitch

The view of San Francisco bay from Marin Park.
The fourth and fifth photographs from the left in the manual version did not have enough overlap for Autostitch to generate one panorama.

Autostich, part 1.
Autostitch, part 2.


Thomas Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress
Manual, part 1.

Manual, part 2.

Autostitch

Sentinel Dome at Yosemite National Park

Manual
Autostitch

No comments: