08 January 2014

Gratitude, Part 20 (Dec. 28, 2013 - Jan. 3, 2014)

  1. Productive and fun meeting about outreach at SDSM&T
  2. Helped my wife finish installing new light fixture in the basement
  3. Playing Settlers of Catan with new friends
  4. Starting the new year with my wife in our new home
  5. My wife turned in the official paperwork to accept her new job
  6. My wife took me to the airport (Jan. 2, 2014)
  7. Arrived on time for my flight
  8. Safe flight from Rapid City to MSP
  9. No need to go through security again at MSP
  10. Safe and punctual flight from MSP to Tokyo (Jan. 2-3, 2014)
  11. The Canadian rockies were beautiful scenery outside of the plane window
  12. I had a window seat
  13. Listening to the audio book of The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis
  14. Finishing reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
  15. Cleared immigration and customs in Japan without trouble
  16. People at the tourist information stand at Narita who told me where to buy tickets from Narita to Tokyo
  17. Safe, punctual and efficient travel from Narita to Tokyo Shinagawa station
  18. Navigating Shinagawa
  19. Riding the Shinkansen (a.k.a. the bullet train)
  20. The view of Mt. Fuji from the Shinkansen
  21. Safe, punctual and efficient travel from Tokto to Kobe
  22. Successfully finding my hotel in Kobe
  23. Friendly staff at the hotel
  24. My room has everything I need
  25. Despite the extremely small bathroom, I fit in the shower with about 2 inches to spare


Total:635

No comments: