26 December 2013

Gratitude, Part 18 (Dec. 14-20, 2013)

  1. Quickly receiving articles through interlibrary loan
  2. Homemade salmon fish sticks
  3. My wife making homemade coleslaw for me
  4. Helping my wife cook kale pesto pasta
  5. Christmas lights in our window
  6. Successfully removing old light fixtures from basement
  7. Warm weather to melt ice and snow off the roads
  8. Successfully getting the PAW script running
  9. My knowledge of FORTRAN coming in handy for the first time in 10 years
  10. Finding the book "Downton Tabby" at the library
  11. Generous in-laws
  12. Tempura at Fuji
  13. Sushi at Fuji
  14. Finishing the first draft of the syllabus for the class I will teach next semester
  15. Unexpected lunch with colleagues (Dec. 16, 2013)
  16. Finding a Japan travel book at the library
  17. Walking to library with my wife
  18. Helping a collaborator by commenting on his presentation
  19. Another professor willing to take over my class while I am in Japan
  20. Reading a chapter in a book that helped me to reframe the goals for my class
  21. Getting independent study sections set up so that students who wish to take my class for 3 credits instead of 2 can do so
  22. Printing fliers to advertise the class
  23. Graduate student installing PAW on our computer cluster
  24. Anniversary card from my sister
  25. Good meeting with my graduate student (Dec. 16, 2013)
  26. Interesting presentation at the Lunch-n-Learn seminar (Dec. 19, 2013)
  27. Good lunch at the Lunch-n-Learn seminar
  28. Able to attend my first Masters thesis defenses at School of Mines (Dec. 20, 2013)
  29. Our friends were able to come to small group despite bad weather (Dec. 19, 2013)
  30. The delicious results of my wife making a new bread recipe 

Total: 575

No comments: