06 May 2013

Job Interview Update!

For those of you who do not know, I had a on-site job interview for a physics faculty position on Apr. 25. I have been very encouraged by how many people have be asking me about this. Thank you so much!

As far as I can tell, the interview went well.  It was interrupted by a (false) fire alarm at one point, but as far as I can tell, I didn't make any major mistakes or faux pas.  I got many good questions a few compliments on my colloquium, and (perhaps most importantly) I did not run over my allotted time.

I got along very or fairly well with all of the people I met during the interview, which included all of the faculty in the physics department, several students, and a few administrators. 

This position would be an excellent fit for me for several reasons, and the visit overall increased my desire to join the university.

Now, it is time to wait and pray. I will not know if I got the job until at least May 10.

3 comments:

Gary Nielsen said...

Waiting with you for news from S Dakota! Gary & Peggy

Paul Rimmer said...

Same here, from St Andrews Scotland! Paul & Arwen

Paul Rimmer said...

Waiting for news from St Andrews Scotland! Paul and Arwen