06 July 2011

One Reason I Enjoy Giving Tours of the MINOS Underground Area

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:11:53 -0500 (CDT) [18 May 2011 05:11:53 PM CDT]
...
Subject: thanks!

Dear Aria, Art, Zeynep and Luke,
Thanks so much for the tunnel tour Friday at MINOS.  I totally love going down there and I really appreciate your time and patience with my science writing students so they can love it too.  I am endlessly fascinated by the concept of sending neutrinos through a tunnel and then the Earth to Minnesota...I don't think there'll ever be a day when I'm not amazed.  You do a wonderful job making the science accessible and explaining what goes on in the tunnel.  Then there are those elephant doors....
The students told me afterward they thought the tour was awesome...they even liked your elevator.
I look forward to visiting again.
All the best,
Donna

No comments: