26 November 2009

Thanksgiving

God, I am thankful for:
  • Your love, salvation, and redemptive transformation of my life through your son Jesus and your Holy Spirit.
  • Kelly, the wonderful woman who I shall marry in a little more that 16 days!
  • Kelly passing her candidacy exam.
  • Her family's hospitality in hosting me this Thanksgiving.
  • My loving and supportive family.
  • So many good friends around the world.
  • The campus group and church congregation in Bloomington.
  • Friends to host us apartment shopping in Illinois.
  • Good health and access to good medicine.
  • A safe, abundant, and reliable food supply.
  • A job I enjoy that enables me to explore your Creation.
  • The skills, talents, opportunities, and people who made it possible to have this job.
  • The technology to compose and communicate messages like this.
  • The freedom to practice my faith and express my opinions, even the negative ones.
"When you have eaten and are satisfied, you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land which He has given you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

--Paula