04 August 2009

Wonderful Weekend

My fiancée came to visit me in Bloomington this weekend with her new roommate and two mutual friends from Columbus.  A great time was had by all.

The highlights:
  • Time with Kelly
  • Watching Kelly and Stephanie, one of our friends in Bloomington, play softball for Exodus Church.  They lost to St. Paul's 14-10, but it was an exciting game.
  • Having dinner at Lennie's, including some of the best cheesecake I've ever tasted, with local blackberries.
  • Discussing our wedding, honeymoon, relocation, and other parts of our future as Dr. & Mrs. (then Dr. & Dr.) Corwin!
  • Touring the Oliver Winery
  • Having a BBQ at Markus & Stephanie's, which was a great meal from a team effort.
  • Church at Exodus, with a sermon on Matthew 5:33-37
  • An excellent lunch at Cafe Turkuaz
  • Spending a restful afternoon and evening with my future wife
  • Working in my office, then having lunch with her before saying goodbye on Monday
  • Finding several romantic and loving surprises in my apartment when I returned on Monday evening.

No comments: